Thursday, June 09, 2005

started one of those "job" things

So, yesterday, i finally started work. Yes, i know, it definitely interrupted my six week long vacation. Oddly enough i am not terribly dissappointed. So yesterday consisted of me getting up at 6:45(brutal) because i have not woken up that early since brian mulroney was prime minister. So I get work at 7:30, get a brief tour of the essentials, washroom, smoke room, cafeteria, fire exits ect. Then it's off to the mail line. There i spend two hours bagging orders. Not very interesting unfortunately. However it did make me wonder why on earth people bought some of the clothes that they did.....*shudder* Then it's coffee break time, i spend this meandering around the warehouse because i don't know anyone and my people meeting skills are not good. So, after break, we clean up the mail line, then we are off to do returns. Now, this is were i discover, that whatever the most common item sent out, is generally the most common item sent back. I spend until lunch putting returns on the shelves. Now there are rules for doing this. 1. no more than five pieces of clothing on a rack. 2. long items bottom rack shorter items top rack. 3. All five items must be a different color. Awesome. er wait. not awesome because on the return racks were 30 pink dresses 15 black,3 red, and 3 yellow.... Most bins are not empty, which would be much easier. so i spent a lot of time trying to find a spot for everyhting. I did this for the remainder of the day, I'm a little concerned though, because at the end of the day i found myself muttering "If only I had a red skirt to go with this blue blazer i would be all set..."
So, i guess one can say i spent the whole day in womans clothing......

1 Comments:

Blogger Jenner said...

I don't think a red skirt and blue blazer would really work for you. But if you see one of those nice flowy skirts that are in this season, I have the cutest little sweater you could wear with it. let me know

2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Where I got my counter from